River Boat Tour to Neckarsteinach
Neckarsteinach is a lovely old town close to Heidelberg (about
30 km along the Neckar to the east). It is famous for its
four castles and therefore also known as the four-castle city.
The 1.5 hours boat trip will take you along the most beautiful
part of the romantic Neckar valley. You can order drinks or
snacks on the boat. In Neckarsteinach you will have about
1.5 hours to visit the castles and the old town or to chill
out in a café. At 5 p.m. the boat will take you back to Heidelberg.
Details of the trip:
- Meeting point: Landing stage at the Neckar (near the Stadthalle)
- Time: Sunday, 29 August 2004, 2.00 p.m.
- Name of the boat: "Georg Fischer", "Germania" or "Patria"
- Duration: approx. 4 hours
- Price: 12.35 Euro per person, tickets can be purchased at registration or during the conference
If you are interested in further information, you can visit the following websites about Neckarsteinach:
Short decription of the town and the four castles:
Website of Neckarsteinach (only in German)
Short history of Neckarsteinach and a description of the four castles (only in German)
Last update: July 29, 2004 (SL)